The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has submitted an official report to the Independent National Electoral Commission on the 100 electoral officials who allegedly received part of the $115m (N23bn) disbursed on the instruction of a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, during the build-up to the 2015 presidential election.
Sources within the EFCC said the acting Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, met with the Chairman of INEC, Mahmood Yakubu, in Abuja last week.
The report was said to have contained the outcome of the investigations and recommendations of the anti-graft agency on the scam.
It was learnt that while some of the officials would face dismissal for flouting of INEC rules, a majority of the officials would be arraigned by the EFCC.
Some of the officials reportedly returned over N300m while houses were recovered from some of them.
Punch]
Sunday 11 December 2016
EFCC Submits Report on 100 INEC Officials for Involvement in N23bn Diezani Bribe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment