cfr magazine

A home to latest news on politics, entertainment, sports, technology, education, business and zeeworld movie series

Sunday 11 December 2016

Breaking News: Again, Twin Blasts Rock Maiduguri, Many Feared Dead

Two deafening explosions on Sunday morning occurred in a crowded area near Maiduguri’s main market, witnesses and officials have said.

The two blasts occurred in quick succession at about 8:48 a.m.

The Police public relations officer, Victor Isuku, confirmed the blasts which he said was near Old NEPA office not far from Monday market.

Full details of the blast are not clear yet as rescue workers are mobilised to the site.

The attacked area is one of the busiest places in Maiduguri and is usually crowded with commuters and pedestrians.

The source of the explosions are yet to be determined.

Update

Three people have been confirmed dead in Sunday’s bomb explosion in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.

An official of the local vigilante called Civilian-JTF, involved in the rescue and evacuation of victims of the blasts, confirmed the death to journalists.

“So far, three persons are dead,” Bello Danbatta told journalists on phone.

“It was a suicide bomb attack, we are trying to ascertain the actual number of those injured in the hospital now,” he added.

An official of the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, also confirmed the casualty.

NEMA’s national spokesman, Sani Datti, said “three of the dead persons are female bombers, while 17 persons that were injured have been evacuated to hospitals in Maiduguri.”

No comments:

Post a Comment